Artist Shop Policy
ARTIST SHOP POLICY
1. ARTIST SHOP SET UP
2. YOUR ARTWORK
3. REMOVAL OF ARTWORK AND CLOSING OF ARTIST SHOP
You may delete Your Artwork from Your Artist Shop or close Your Artist Shop at any time, but due to caching or other issues, it may take a number of days for deletions or closures to take effect. To the extent any of the Artwork displayed in Your Artist Shop has been incorporated into merchandise purchased and/or manufactured by Threadless.com prior to the deletion of Your Artwork or closing of Your Artist Shop, Threadless.com may sell-through all such merchandise until it is depleted. The terms regarding Payments to Artists and Shop Owners apply to such sales. Threadless.com may also continue to use your Artwork in marketing and promotional materials if such materials were created prior to Your removal of the Artwork from the Website, and/or the deletion or closing of Your Artist Shop.
4. TAGS, PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS, AND LABELING AND DESCRIBING THE ARTWORK AND PRODUCTS IN YOUR ARTIST SHOP
By providing high-quality, accurate information, You help Users find Your products quickly and easily.
At the time You post products in Your Artist Shop, You will be asked to provide information (title, description, tags, categories) about Your products and Artwork so that visitors to Your Artist Shop can search and find relevant products.
You agree to use the Website and conduct Your Artist Shop in a manner that demonstrates common sense and respect for the rights of Threadless.com, other artists, Website users, and third parties and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Here are some of the basic rules for labeling the products in Your Artist Shop:
- Only use accurate and relevant terms that describe the specific products in Your Artist Shop.
- You may not intentionally misspell Your product names (unless such misspelling is part of the Artwork).
- You may use a short descriptive phrase as a tag if it accurately describes Your product.
- You may not stuff multiple words into a single tag that do not comprise a descriptive phrase.
- You should only state what the item is, not what the Product may become or potential uses for the Product.
- You may not use words that are derogatory.
- You may not use malicious tags or descriptions.
- You may not use trademarks you do not own to refer to your Artwork or products.
You may report problems, offensive content, and policy violations in the Artist Shops to us at email@example.com.
Threadless.com may take the following actions to enforce the terms of this Artist Shop Policy:
- Send a notification informing You of any offending action, behavior, tag, spam or description, and request that You take corrective action immediately.
- Make Your product(s) unavailable.
- In the case of certain repeat offenders, Threadless.com will, in its sole discretion, withhold payment and/or shut down an Artist Shop.
6. PAYMENTS, TIMING OF PAYMENTS, AND INELIGIBLE SALES
Please refer to the "Policy Concerning Payments to Artists and Artist Shop Owners."
7. ARTIST SHOP ORDERS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
8. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
By selling on Artist Shops, you will receive and must determine what to do with certain personal information, such as when communicating with users and entering into transactions with buyers. This means you process personal information (for example, buyer name, email address, and shipping address) and, to the extent you do so, under EU law, you are an independent controller of data relating to other users that you may have obtained through Artist Shops.
You are responsible for protecting user personal information you receive or process and complying with all relevant legal requirements when you use Artist Shops. This includes applicable data protection and privacy laws that govern the ways in which you can use a user’s information.
As a data controller, to the extent that you process user personal information outside of Artist Shops, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honor requests for data access, portability, correction, deletion, and objections to processing. Also, if you disclose personal information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorized disclosure. This includes, for example, disclosures you make or unintentional data breaches. For example, you may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for marketing communications related to your Artist Shop. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorized transactions.
If Artist Shops and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information, and if Artist Shops is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did as a joint data controller of buyer personal information, you agree to indemnify Artist Shops for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.